Massage is one way of effectively using the healing properties of essential oils, but other mediums are creams and lotions, in compresses, baths and inhalation.
Absorption occurs through the skin and also via the lungs and nose, transmitting the aroma to the brain where oils influence the physical body and the emotions.
Aromatherapy is a valuable way of combating stress and promoting relaxation and is also used to relieve numerous physical ailments by:
- Relief of tenderness, stiffness and tension.
- Improvement in muscle tone and reduction of muscular wasting following a period of forced inactivity.
- Relief of mental and physical fatigue to energise mind and body.
- Improves lymphatic function and assists the body's expulsion of toxins and excess fluids.
- Aids digestive processes.
View Price Guide
Aromatherapy Massage TherapistMary is a fully qualified and experienced ITEC (International Therapy Examination Council) massage therapist and has diplomas in Anatomy, Physiology, Aromatherapy and Reflexology. Mary has also undertaken an introduction to Cranio-Sacral Therapy and has completed the Cruse bereavement-counseling course.
An on going interest in massage therapy including courses in Romania and Spain and also more recently the integration of Japanese techniques has enabled Mary to offer a truly unique enjoyable and beneficial treatment for people of all ages.